• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector part #'s

lawsheep

Just picked up my first auction humvee from Yermo. Got IP out and off to be rebuilt. Thinking about also replacing injectors just to alleviate any potential fuel issues. I have an oreillys near my house and the employee has no problem bringing up injectors for a H1 Hummer but can't find AM General or anything specific to the HMMWVs. Are the civilian hummers using the same injectors as the HMMWV?

Also if anyone has a part number for them i'd appreciate it.

Mine is a 2006 M1152 turbo 6.5l.

Thank you

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to replace injectors, I'd recommend looking for the military parts suppliers. MacMotors and KASCAR are two possibilities. I'd stay away from "cheap counterfeit parts". (i.e. ebay)

The part numbers will be in the service / parts manuals. Find them on the forums. Once you've looked through if you still can't figure out the right numbers, someone here with a 6.5L turbo can probably help. (Civilian injectors are PROBABLY not compatible, but I don't have that engine so I can't say either way.)

lawsheep

If you want to replace injectors, I'd recommend looking for the military parts suppliers. MacMotors and KASCAR are two possibilities. I'd stay away from "cheap counterfeit parts". (i.e. ebay)

The part numbers will be in the service / parts manuals. Find them on the forums. Once you've looked through if you still can't figure out the right numbers, someone here with a 6.5L turbo can probably help. (Civilian injectors are PROBABLY not compatible, but I don't have that engine so I can't say either way.)
ok and now what about band color? I see orange, green, purple. Any idea which for a turbo engine?

thanks for the help

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Send your injectors to the same place you sent your pump and have them rebuilt. I send the injectors with the pump every time I send a pump to the fuel shop.
It costs vary little to have them cleaned and pop pressure adjusted, Or if needed the Tip replaced and adjusted. These injectors are completely rebuild-able and you get back a fresh set ready to go,
Note: Pop pressure on these injectors are set with shims on top of a spring ( I am sure someone will argue) but I question how long an injector can sit on a shelf with the spring under tension before the spring starts taking a set changing the pop pressure.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Send your injectors to the same place you sent your pump and have them rebuilt. I send the injectors with the pump every time I send a pump to the fuel shop.
It costs vary little to have them cleaned and pop pressure adjusted, Or if needed the Tip replaced and adjusted. These injectors are completely rebuild-able and you get back a fresh set ready to go,
Note: Pop pressure on these injectors are set with shims on top of a spring ( I am sure someone will argue) but I question how long an injector can sit on a shelf with the spring under tension before the spring starts taking a set changing the pop pressure.
Question... There used to be a diesel pump rebuilder there in Porterville. They still around?

That's my question, CAMO

jasonwilber

Just picked up my first auction humvee from Yermo. Got IP out and off to be rebuilt. Thinking about also replacing injectors just to alleviate any potential fuel issues. I have an oreillys near my house and the employee has no problem bringing up injectors for a H1 Hummer but can't find AM General or anything specific to the HMMWVs. Are the civilian hummers using the same injectors as the HMMWV?

Thank you
FYI, No. Military 6.2, 6.5 engines use different thread pitch in order to prevent theft in the early days. Yes, I have tried them. In the early days of the 6.2L all NCO's bought Chevy blazers and suburbans with 6.2L engines. Why? As a motorpool mechanic we can charge out parts to a military vic and not actually put them on said vic! Get it!? So, no. You can't mix civilian against military for the reason of internal theft.

Valor

Thank you
Just remove one injector and it should have some numbers on it and they can tell you what you need for replacement.

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CAMO,
Yes, E.M.Tharp / Golden state Peterbuilt 15243 Rd 192 Porterville ca, 93257 559-782-5800. They have a great fuel shop - We use them all the time.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
CAMO,
Yes, E.M.Tharp / Golden state Peterbuilt 15243 Rd 192 Porterville ca, 93257 559-782-5800. They have a great fuel shop - We use them all the time.
Used them a couple of times years ago. Top notch shop. Fast turn around too.

Great and THANKS for the research, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks