• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Problem??

mhb285

I took the Deuce up onto the Freeway this AM. I went over to the tire shop to have a coiple of things done. About 28 miles round trip. @50 to 55MPH.
On the way back as I'm getting off the Freeway the idle is @ 1800-1900 RPM. I goose it a little thinking that the throttle if stuck....No go. I drove it that way the last 2 miles to my storage yard. I pulled up to my space and hit the kill linkage. It died.
Started it up 30 seconds later and its OK..... I went to park it and pulled the Kill linkage an no workee... WTF.. I stalled it in 5th gear. I check it out. Stop cable might of slid forward. I looked up repair and adjustment in TM 9-2320-209-20-3-1 and will verify its set OK...
What really bothers me it the high idle, and why it reset when I shut it off.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike Bogner

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was you hand throtle cable out some or binding? At least, you need to look over and evaluate your cables and linkages.

sermis

If the stop cable moved it could have kept it from getting fuel.
Might also check primary fuel filter if it has not been changed in a while.

mhb285

No, The hand throttle cable looked OK I haven't touched it for some time now. I had just done a foot in the floor boards run on the freeway for 15 miles. I'm going to check / adjust the linkages on Monday and lube them also. I degreased everything in the engine compartment a couple of weeks and and this was my 1st time out really streaching its legs out...
I hope that is all there is to it..
Mike