• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injector pump problem?

m242brushmaster1

I have been running my deuce for about 2 months on 50% used motor oil mixed with 50% gasoline. I took it to get it inspected one day and i figured while they have it, I'll just have them change the fuel filters. I get it back and make a few trips here and there. Then on the way back home a few weeks later she dies on me. So i wait a few minuets then it starts right back up. I get not too far down the road when it stalls out again. It continues to repeat this. when I got it home, I took off all of the filters and it turns out all 3 of them were not on straight.
I called around and found some spin-ons. Installed them and used clean diesel also cleaned the tank and checked the fuel pump to make sure it was pumping. I think it has to be build up in the injector pump causing it to not have much power and stall out when under bog. How would i clean it or if that's not it, how would I get it to run like ti use to?

m242brushmaster1

yeah i took the last line off of the last injector and had a pretty good flow. Could there be dirt getting sucked to a screen in the injector pump somewhere when it is under bog then settles to the bottom of the pump when it stalls?

kennys@wi.rr.com

The only screen in the system is inside the tank on the electric pump. After that it is just the three filters. If you have flow to the injectors it may be possible that you have a plugged injector. I would drain the tank and run a clean tank of dino diesel through it with a good amount of an injector cleaner. Also in the future do not run gas in a diesel. The older diesel motors used sulfer in the diesel as a lubricant. Now we add oil to our diesel to replace what has been lost. Gas on the other hand is a solvent and will "wash" the IP internals and remove any chance for lubrication. You had it half right by using gas, but I assume it was more based upon cost savings than anything else. Thinking of it there is another option, remove all the injector lines and use the straw on the brake cleaner can and spray through all the lines. There is a chance there is something stuck inside the line. Without running a preasure test there is no way to say for sure you have enough preasure at the end of the injection lines.
Best of luck to you and please keep us posted with your progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks