• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Removal Procedure - Help

dc_cucv

Gents,

Does anyone have experience with removing the injector pump? I'm looking for the "order of operations" in which to remove everything. I plan on taking plenty of pictures to aid me in reassembling when i get my rebuilt injector. I'm sure i could figure it out by just starting to remove whatever is in my way, but i'd prefer to remove as little as possible and make this as painless as possible. And I also prefer to follow some sort of instruction for something that i have not done before. Thanks in advance!!!

Right now I can think of these steps:

1. Disconnect batteries
2. Remove air cleaner housing

Keith_J

Tag and bag fasteners or have some means of organization. The intake manifold comes off easily. The gasket is probably bonded to the heads. Gasket removing spray helps. Stuff paper towels in the ports.

Remove oil fill tube and grommet. I have a set of magnets which fit in sockets, these keep fasteners in the sockets, handy for taking out the three bolts securing IP hub to timing gear.

Long extension, socket magnets and two universal joints will get the IP off. Loosen injection lines at each injector, remove with the IP. Far easier to access line nuts at the pump when it is off the engine. Cover injector tops immediately after removing the pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks