• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump repair

3dubs

Has anybody on here cracked open an IP and fixed it? I only have to go in the top part but not sure how much trouble it is. I have a back-up IP and want to know which is easier. Swapping the IP's or fixing it on the truck?

JAsher45

if you are just going into the top of the pump you should not have much trouble (fuel shut off solenoid area). pretty straight forward. but if you are planning to go into the bottom .i would stop right there... cause unless you have a test stand you are asking for touble.

3dubs

I have fuel leaking under the vacuum switch. I am just trying to figure out what would need to be replaced. I am looking at TM9-2320-289-34P page 47 the diagram TA510822 for help. I have looked through the TM's but is there a better diagram or instructions on repairing the IP? If I pull the IP i have no way of testing it without putting it back on the truck. So I would prefer to just work on it in the truck so I can test it.

My concern is that I do not see any seals on the throttle shaft. If there are no seals then there should not be fuel there. Then were is the leak? I wish I had a better diagram to see what is in there.

I drive my truck so I need to be ready to have it fixed when I start working on it. I will have to have it back up within a day. I just have to be ready when I start taking it apart. Plus I have hunting to do!

Chief_919

I would try and screw with one on the truck. They are cheap enough that for me it makes more sense to buy one and swap it.

3dubs

The pump uses two seals but they only come in a set of five? I also got the gasket for the cover. It was all less than thirty dollars. I will take a stab at repairing it.

jimmy-90

When you go to take the top cover off your injection pump what ever you do be carful with the three screws that hold the cover down. I broke one off a few days ago and couldn't even get it out with an easy out tool. I had to drill the entire broken screw out. That was an absolute nightmare.