• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump replacement

Florida9

I took all the lines off and the 3 screws for the injection pump for my 85 m1008 and it does not want to slide out i was thinking there might be a screw behind the water pump just wanted to make sure before i take it off

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the oil fill tube, and remove the bolts in the hole.

Why not read the Tech Manual?

Barrman

The crank shaft will have to be turned from the bottom with a large breaker bar, a mirror really helps to see the three bolts you need to remove and if you have a magnetic socket. Now is the time to use it.

ryan77

Dont drop the bolts in the timing cover or your screwed, stick a rag in the hole and use a magnetic socket or dip your socket in axle greese to hold the bolts! Turn the motor over slow to get to all the bolts. Make sure you hook all the lines back up the same way they came off or your going to have a real headache. Scribe the pump and block with a line so you know where your timing is!!2cents2cents

Florida9

okay i got the oil filler tube off and if i stick my finger in there i can feel 2 screws off to the side but nothing i would be able to get at i also forgot to mention i have a 1990 humvee engine in it 6.2l vbelt style everything has just bolted right up to it so far

GPrez

okay i got the oil filler tube off and if i stick my finger in there i can feel 2 screws off to the side but nothing i would be able to get at i also forgot to mention i have a 1990 humvee engine in it 6.2l vbelt style everything has just bolted right up to it so far
I don't think the Humvee motor is any different in this regard. You need to slowly turn the crankshaft with a breaker bar as someone else mentioned until the bolts get to a point where you can get on them with a socket and ratchet and remove them. Once you get one off, you move the crank with your breaker bar again to get the next bolt and repeat for the 3rd bolt.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Get a 5 pound sledge hammer and a crowbar, insert the crowbar between the IP flange and the housing, then pry and hammer until the pump comes free.

or you can look at these pics and do it the right way. :razz: remove the 3 bolts and the pump will come right out, as mentioned, you will need to rotate the crank to move the bolts on the IP to access all 3

Attachments

Florida9

Okay thank you guys so much i got it out now i just have to install the new one cant now its pooring rain outside and also i did look in the manuals but it didnt explain very well thanks again

Florida9

trust me i thought about c4 alot puttin this thing together i am almost done its been raining so much here i just am having trouble aligning the screws back up to the holes

jets1959

Just take your time. Use a mirror it helps. I did mine a few weeks ago. The hardest part for me was getting the intake manifold off. I don't know what they used to put it on with but I had to use my engine hoist and had the front wheels off the groung before it finally broke loose:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks