• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump shot?

DerangedMadman

I have an 86 M1108. Recently developed a leak in the fuel line back where it crosses over under the cab. I have now fixed that but cannot get it started. I correctly primed the filter until I had a steady stream with no air. Hooked the red wire back up on the injector pump yet it still would not start.

All the glow plugs are brand new and working correctly.

I went ahead and unscrewed the injector line off the injector in #1 cylinder and when I crank it over there is no fuel coming out of it.

Is it safe to say since fuel was spitting out very well when priming the filter that the lift pump is in good shape and the injector pump is shot?

JAsher45

your injection pump can still be air locked. if it was working properly before it should still work... should. just keep trying to prime with front two injector lines cracked.... it can be a pain to get all the air out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks