• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump small drip

rrrr

I've been through the TM and searched the forum. My IP is dripping out the bottom somewhere. The HH is fine no leaks, and no transfer of fuel to oil, my FDC has been bypassed. It seems to be dripping from the bottom but its hard to tell exactly where ?

Are there any problematic areas that I should look at first ? Can't see any problems when it sits idling. I take it for a short drive and sure enough some leaking on the bottom side of the IP. Everything seems to be tight on the outside. Are there some seals like on the throttle linkage or fuel shutoff that are problem areas ? My m35 runs wonderfully and starts in the cold with no ether or other help.

Ideas ? Thanks...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is 2 O-rings that the hydraulic head sits on. Those can leak over time. Thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

dutchguy

Have you downloaded the TM9-2910-226-34 manual? Look for the "Fuel Supply Pump Assembly". Lines come to this from the primary filter at 5-7 psi, and leave at 30-60 psi (?) to the secondaries, and the flame heater. Loose fitting or worn hose? Is it fuel, or engine oil that is leaking? One of the benefits of burning diesel is that you can tell the difference. :shock:

rrrr

As I mentioned, I've already referenced the TM's and they only refer to leaks in the HH area and don't discuss possible other areas with the IP that have some type of seal. The leak is at the IP not anywhere else. Its diesel that's leaking.

I'm going to clean the unit well and see if I can find the leak.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After you clean it up, try using a mirror on a stick to view the bottom. Maybe you can see where it's coming from with the mirror.

deathrowdave

Mine was very hard to locate . Try not to feel for a leak with your hand , discharge pressure of the pump is HIGH PRESSURE and could inject fuel into your skin . Not good on living tissue . Mine turned out to be a line leaking .

ratat98

Could it be coming from the fitting for the line that goes to the manifold heater? Mine drips from there every now and then. Well, it did before I fixed it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks