• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump Thrust Washer

mgberry

I tore down my pump to rebuild it and notice that it was missing the Thrust Washer that goes between the face gear and pump. It is item #29 in the TM. It appears this would change the backlash in the gearing, but would this have a impact on the timing?

Matt

Jimc

yeah thats usually a brass or gold colored metal washer. i would order one and make sure its there when you put it back together. even if you had the old style pump i still believe that washer is there. i have never seen a pump without one.

storeman

The pdf's cited are for two different IPs. The TM reference is for the oldest version of the IP with a plunger drive pin (NLA) and the AMBAC diagram is for the newer design with "bowtie washer". Brass washers are not the same. Which pump do you have? I have washers for both, I think.
Jerry