• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump????

Captainbill

hey i have an deuce and a half with a no start problem and could use some advice. one whats the best way to test the ip on this truck, and how much of a pain is it to swap one out. next does any one know price range of a ip and best place to get one? here is the run down, no start but will start and run with starting fluid but only at 1000 rpm or greater. What i have done flushed lines and tank changed fuel filters check pump in tank good flow and psi and fixed smashed line under rad still no start on her own. advice anyone

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Did you turn on the truck's power, and crack open the bleeder valve on top of the secondary and final filters till fluid came out? If yes, did you crack the lines to the injectors at the top of the IP? Did fluid come out? If yes, did you tighten them back down and do the same at the injectors?

Captainbill

i did crack the bleeder on the fuel filters but did not get to the ip or injectors yet. ran my batterys down to low. so charged them and going to try that today. but even after i changed the filters i was able to get it to start on starting fluid. Thanks i will be trying that soon.

gimpyrobb

The reason I asked is, the pump can be running, but not working. There is a bottom plate that has a nasty habit of falling off. When that happens, the impeller will spin, but not pump fuel. If you got fuel out of the top bleeder, this is probably not a worry.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, check to make sure the shut down rod is all the way back in. If it's not, it'll be hard starting.

Captainbill

ok have fgreat flow out of bleeder, and with the injector lines cracked have wet marks on motor that smell like fuel,by myself so not shore how much is coming out and a what force. but there is some

gimpyrobb

Yup, I would check what Will said. There is a rod that is pulled out when you pull the motor stop cable. Make sure that slides all the way back in. If that is working, and your getting fuel and air, it should run. I had trouble bleeding the air out of my system when I did all the fuel filters too. It helped me to soak a rag with gas and stuff it outside the air filter. That alloud the fumes to be pulled in and let the motor run(very rough) till the air was bled out. If it ran before, I doubt the pump went bad.

Captainbill

well the truck is running now. she still needs i cable pulled out 2 clicks to run at 900 rpm after that she shuts down still but i am going to keep her running for a little bit to get the air out of the system. cand tell you guy how much help you gave me. and i thank you for it

gimpyrobb

No problem, always helps to have info from someone that has done it before. Glad to hear she is running again!

50shooter

Isn't this site cool? I've only been on for a few weeks but man I've learned so much and not had to post much to do so. So many guys have had the same problems and people just jump in and help. I've got zero support here locally but this site is awesome. Gimpy, great trick with w/the gas rag in the intake. DDoyle has been helping me w/my issues the last couple of days. If I could figure out how to make an original post I'd have done it that way instead of PM. Still learning, deuce and website...

Captainbill

my truck dies out without having the throttle pulled a little bit but only when i start it when its been sitting. once it let it run 5 minutes or so i rev it to about 2500 really quick and then i can shut the throttle and its fine.
Tell me you are pickig up my problem. its like an std for truck. no just kidding. to me it does not sound like a ip put if you went and did the same stuff i did and you find out it is thear is a guy on ebay selling ip for the m35a2 for 350.00 plus shipping. down side is, as is and he does not know if they work. look up on ebay motors fuel injection pump 2.5 deuce m 35. he tells me he has 5. still wating to see if he will take my offer for 250. dont wont to spend 350 one something that may or may not work.

gimpyrobb

Captainb, 250 is ok if it doesn't work? I think you are nuts!

I mean that in the best way, really. I am not trying to start a fight.

Captainbill

Captainb, 250 is ok if it doesn't work? I think you are nuts!

I mean that in the best way, really. I am not trying to start a fight.
No you are right i am alittle nuts. and i will not take a pump that may or may not work.for 350 but being that i am out of a job i cant buy a reman one. so i have to ask what would you do? truck is sitting on the street and got to move soon.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
Tell me you are pickig up my problem. its like an std for truck. no just kidding. .
What rpm is it idling at when its rough? And what rpm is it smooth at?
both my trucks dont idle when cold. they dies. i shouldnt even say when its cold, more like when first started. i turn the throttle out to make it stay at 1,000rpm for about 5 min to let the turbo warm up then rev on it a little bit and its good to go with the throttle all the way closed and idling, i cant remember the exact idle speed but its normal compared to all the other trucks i have seen or driven. i think my two trucks are just sleepy when wakin up. i somtimes fall on my face when i get outta bed too:-D

gimpyrobb

Running at startup about 800rpm is what you should do. Keeps the truck from shaking itself to death. Your headlights will not blow out as fast too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks