• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector rebuild service...?

llong66

ssdvc, no, your not missing anything. I just did a quick search and it looks like they are out of them. You can look under any year.model vehicle that uses the 6.2l and the nozzle will be the same. Their inventory changes frequently, so check back or give them a call.The same thing goes if you are looking for 6.5l nozzels.
I think after ppls recomendations here and other places, I am going to use badger diesel in Wi. I havent called to see if they have just the tips yet, but I am betting they do. You can just google 6.2l diesel injector nozzels and get alot of hits, just gota weed out the ebay and chinese junk. Good luck!

Last edited:

cucvrus

Try dieselcare.com They are in Tennessee. I have used them several times. The price is very competitive and they send a pick up ticket and return the injection pump and nozzles at no charge. Good US company. Just a thought. Maybe or maybe NOT. Just trying to help you out.

cucvrus

Quick question. I have a few 6.2 diesel injection pumps from HMMWV's are they good to go on a CUCV? I know I would have to change the top cover. But should everything else work on these? I also have a few of the HMMWV 6.2 intake manifolds. Will they work on the CUCV if you want to move the airfilter to a remote location? Or will the stock CUCV air filter housing still fit on these HMMWV intakes. They seem to be lower and have 1 big air opening while the CUCV has 2 air openings. Just asking.

Jackel44

Correct me if I am wrong. The onlydifferences between the 6.2 and the 6.5 injectors, are the lenght and thepop-off preassure. I thought the lenght was only in the overall size but thebasses were the same. I also thought the pop-off preasure was controlled by thesmall wafers inside. I was going to buy a pop-off tester and match 4 longinjectors with 4 short injectors for my turbo swap (I only have 6 shortinjectors) for turbo clearance and heat shield.

Question 1. If the above is true how come the 6.2 0434250105 and the 6.5 0434250898have different nozel part numbers?
Question 2. If I was going to run with all 8 6.5 injectors with a 6.2 pump,would I have to change the nozles and pop-off pressure?

cucvrus

Quick question. I have a few 6.2 diesel injection pumps from HMMWV's are they good to go on a CUCV? I know I would have to change the top cover. But should everything else work on these? I also have a few of the HMMWV 6.2 intake manifolds. Will they work on the CUCV if you want to move the airfilter to a remote location? Or will the stock CUCV air filter housing still fit on these HMMWV intakes. They seem to be lower and have 1 big air opening while the CUCV has 2 air openings. Just asking.
Well I have a guy that needs an injection pump and intake for his CUCV. And I don't know the answer to the question above. So I will tell him they are different. I thought that might be a question that was easily answered on this sight. He bought a truck missing the intake and wanted to put the HMMWV intake on and I don't know if it will work with that intake and injection pump. I don't know why not the CUCV intake but I guess it's his truck. To each his own.

Jackel44

Well I have a guy that needs an injection pump and intake for his CUCV. And I don't know the answer to the question above. So I will tell him they are different. I thought that might be a question that was easily answered on this sight. He bought a truck missing the intake and wanted to put the HMMWV intake on and I don't know if it will work with that intake and injection pump. I don't know why not the CUCV intake but I guess it's his truck. To each his own.
I have never used a HMMWV intake, but I do know that the turbo and non turbo intakes on a civ 6.5 will fit. It is my understanding the 6.5 injection pump fits the 6.2 but is capable of pushing more fuel to injecters.

Last edited:

rsh4364

From what I have read the only difference in IPs is hmmvs have 24v solenoid and cucvs are 12v,and intakes are either single plane or dual planes.I have read dual planes for NA motors and single planes on turbos. Just what I have read.

Last edited:

llong66

99nouns, you had mentioned following my injector rebuild. After doing some more research its a lil more involved than just replacing nozzles. To do it correctly, you need to lap a cpl of surfaces and such, not alot of work but more than I have time for so today I just ordered a set of Bosch replacements from Summit. $0/ea, not a bad deal!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks