• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injestor install question

lew

I appologize for the delay in my response Grunex. I actually sent Heavy a detailed reply via PM. The local diesel injection shop charges $30 to pressure test and inspect each injector. For the ones that fail inspection they charge for parts individually as needed like nozzels or springs. there is then a $45 fee to "dial in" the repaired ones. It can easily run $100 or so on the high side. You might get lucky and only have one or two to be adjusted/cleaned. At least then you know what you have, not like an online purchase that is alleged to be rebuilt.
Good luck bro

grunex125

well.......we got the injectors back, got them installed, and truck is up and running again. seems we have a little less smoke than before, but I think I may need to set those injectors again. This being my first time I may not have gotten it quite right just yet. I was told that the injectors needed to be torqued to 58 inch lbs. but everything here on this site is contradictory to that idea. I've got a lot of whitish/blackish smoke yet, and so I think an afternoon of setting the injectors at 72 like all have been saying here is the best course of action. I was hoping that the white smoke I was seeing would have been cleared up by redoing the heads, but I think this is deffinatly a fuel issue, in that it is still getting too much fuel. any thoughts?

G-Force

Grunex125,
Are you talking about a multifuel or a cummins????
The cummins has a totally different injection system than the multifuel.