• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injured Elbow?

randini

Ok, I have only had my Deuce for 6 months, but I have probably hit my elbow on the door a couple of times, when turning. I am thinking I may want to upholstry the inside top of the door, so when I slam my elbow into the door, i will not hurt my elbow. Any one else have this happen? Solutions?
Thanks

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I put a suicide knob on my steering wheel and steer with my right hand around turns. Only time I use my left is to hold the wheel while I shift.

jerseyjeep2003

Yup...been there done that. I thought about making some sort of padded elbow guard that I could slip on the top of the door, just never quite got that far yet. I have just been more cautious as to when I grab the wheel with my left hand for now.

randini

I must say that I am much more carefull now, after hitting my elbow a couple of times.
I thought about a streering knob but watching the wheel spin, coming out of a turn scare me. I would have more injury from a steering knob...

91W350

I still haven't gotten my thumb twisted by the spokes on the steering wheel. I hear that hurts like a bear...lol
I have not been victim of either one yet. I have been the victim of a steering knob catching me on a plow furrow in a wheat field. I was driving a 1954 GMC and I thought my thumb was broken. It almost immediately swelled and the throbbing lasted several hours. It sure made the rest of the day's loads hard to haul. Not a big fan of the steering knob or ball. My deuce has kicked back in protest a couple of times, glad I did not have a ball on it!

Kohburn

I've thought about making an apholstered pad for the top edge and a few inches of the side of the door if for nothing other than not having to rest my arm ontop of hot metal when driving. a little foam padding would sure help with the ocassional elbow thump.

A

A/C Cages

If you havent done it yet, you will eventually get it. Its the evil beast nature of the deuce to take a finger or elbow sooner or later.
Ive even done the climb into the cap and rack my head on the rooftop rail. And of course it happend in front of all my friends. lol
Phil my mekanek had steering wheel burns on both arms the first time he drove one of my deuces, He learned, never try to stop the wheel when offroading.lol

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
My knob has caught me once while off-roading, but the pros outweight the cons for me anyway, when it comes to maneuvering during everyday driving.

abh3

Put a knob on my M880 years ago, hit a hidden hole moving fairly slowly but the wheel spun the knob out of my hand 180 degrees & around with such force it just about broke my forearm. It was swollen and hurt like **** for a while, keep in mind I was maybe 26 when this happened and WAY tougher than today... I wouldn't have a knob on a steering wheel now under any circumstances!

trukhead

Elbows at your sides, thumbs above the rim and no hand over hand steering.

Every time that wheel instantaneously accelerated to 200 rpms I thought , Dang I'm glad I didn't rip off my thumbs or knock the h#&l out of my elbow. fat lady sings

Dropin a front wheel in a 2 foot hole or runnin over a hidden wood pile in the weeds will spin that wheel faster than I can think even in the A3!! :hammer:

Hangin on to the wheel while trying to get through 2 foot of snow on a frozen plowed field in 3rd speed low range throttle pegged will toss my 265lb lard ass around like fido's new chew toy. but bettern gettin stuck and I only did it once and not continuous, The torque of the engine and those big wheels and U-joints thumpin, that wheel might've tossed my du%b ass right out've the truck. stop the wheels, get'r in reverse, get back aways, get forward momentum and get through the snow until I get home. Thank goodness these are tough trucks!! :driver: :jumpin: :cookoo:

THe alternator is working fine and the tranny is gonna get the castrol TRan synd flush next. I'm gonna borrow a buddies battery grease gun and do the whole truck and P-B blast the springs for a nice sliky ride for my soft a%&.....:soapbox:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks