• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

inner axle seal

groundog

can someone help with the part number fot a inner axle oil seal for a m-809 5 ton---not the hub seal but the one that keeps oil from getting into the boots---thanks:grd:

Westech

CPL
Military ONLY! you will have to buy it form the Parts supply houses

I should say you are able to replace just the seal but you still have to take the housing out and there will be a good chance you will F it up BAD when removing it.

Last edited:

groundog

shooting iron-did you move?what tool did you use to get the seal out? the boot had a hole that is how i discovered the leak---took the bottom bolt out to remove the shield and oil came out----thanks for part number and info---this is on the passenger side

shootiniron

Moved a few months ago,Prescott was just getting to big with to many idiots for me.Your leak is on the same side as mine was.I used a slide hammer to get the old seal and retainer out.Cant remember what I used to reinstall the new one with but I'm sure it was some home made contraption that I chucked when finished.

groundog

:grd:hope the new home works out----ordered 2 new boots---will order seal from ERIKs---that 5 ton brake drum is heavy----have a wheel lift that was great for removing the 1400 x 20----might jut pull both front axles and leave them out---also thinking about a second set of hubs and have the splines machined---didnt you have a M-818?

groundog

:grd:THOUGHT YOU HAD TWO 5 TONS---I HAVE A M-820 AND A M-813A1--HAD A M-818 WITH A 127 TRAILER BUT SOLD IT---HOPE TO GET A 923 OR A 915A1

rrrr

My M932a1 just sprung a leak on the passenger front axle. I'll be ordering all the parts tomorrow. Just going to replace all the seals. What stinks is I just replaced the boot on that wheel :-(. Not cheap to replace everything but that's the cost of driving these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks