• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

inner axle seal

groundog

can someone help with the part number fot a inner axle oil seal for a m-809 5 ton---not the hub seal but the one that keeps oil from getting into the boots---thanks:grd:

Westech

CPL
Military ONLY! you will have to buy it form the Parts supply houses

I should say you are able to replace just the seal but you still have to take the housing out and there will be a good chance you will F it up BAD when removing it.

Last edited:

groundog

shooting iron-did you move?what tool did you use to get the seal out? the boot had a hole that is how i discovered the leak---took the bottom bolt out to remove the shield and oil came out----thanks for part number and info---this is on the passenger side

shootiniron

Moved a few months ago,Prescott was just getting to big with to many idiots for me.Your leak is on the same side as mine was.I used a slide hammer to get the old seal and retainer out.Cant remember what I used to reinstall the new one with but I'm sure it was some home made contraption that I chucked when finished.

groundog

:grd:hope the new home works out----ordered 2 new boots---will order seal from ERIKs---that 5 ton brake drum is heavy----have a wheel lift that was great for removing the 1400 x 20----might jut pull both front axles and leave them out---also thinking about a second set of hubs and have the splines machined---didnt you have a M-818?

groundog

:grd:THOUGHT YOU HAD TWO 5 TONS---I HAVE A M-820 AND A M-813A1--HAD A M-818 WITH A 127 TRAILER BUT SOLD IT---HOPE TO GET A 923 OR A 915A1

rrrr

My M932a1 just sprung a leak on the passenger front axle. I'll be ordering all the parts tomorrow. Just going to replace all the seals. What stinks is I just replaced the boot on that wheel :-(. Not cheap to replace everything but that's the cost of driving these things.