• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner fender

Hasdrubal

My right inner fender is rotted along the top edge where it meets fender. Cant source an OEM here in Canada, so its shipping from the States. Would prefer a CUCV original with all the brackets in place as I no longer have access to welding equipment. Contacted a couple of vendors here, theirs are rusted. I figured that down south in the desert there would be some non-rusted examples kicking around. Does anyone know of a non-rusted R inner available?

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could get 1 here not from a cucv but clean,fyi 81 to 87 if you want to look for a civilian one.

rlltide12

I took mine out yesterday due to the same issue. Nothing to getting it out, especially if you have an impact wrench. Took my 10 minutes to get it loose. I found a good one in a civi chevy here and I am going to use it. Only difference is the holes for the CUCV battery boxes, and I am not useing them again anyway.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimpyrobb has scads of NOS ones. They don't have the batt tray support but the dimples are there and for a GM part, they are super cheap. Check the classifieds.

Hasdrubal

So, the battery tray and 3 extra CUCV specific braces are bolted on? Perhaps I misunderstood that these were welded on. Will send Gimpyrobb a pm.