• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner stud thread

bones1

On the drivers side rear the outer nuts were left hand thread and came off fine. Can I assume the inner square head nuts are left hand thread as well? .I found one broken stud there already and don't want to add to to that count.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What should be and what is are not necessarily the same. You can visually look at threads and tell whether they are right or left hand.

emr

yes if U took off the ones from the top of them they sure are the same, it is possible a set may be different but absolutely not the ones screwed together.

bones1

Thanks .Can't see the threads of the inner stud, they are under the conical portion of the nut. I will set my gun the same as the outers which was clockwise to loosen and hope the inners are left hand studs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The stud AND the nut should turn the same way. If you can see the threads of the thimble, you will know which way the stud goes.

KsM715

Yes the studs will be threaded the same as the outer thimble. No one makes them the other way around. Think about it, if it were threaded the other way once you started to torque down the outer lugnut the thimble would start to break loose.

Jake0147

Look at the very top of the thimble, and/or the very top of the stud. There will be an L or an R stamped into the end of it. In case nobody mentioned it, the inside and outside are always the same.
Supposedly, in theory, you'll have left hand threads on the left hand side of the truck, right hand threads on the right side of the truck. It never hurts to scan through them the first time around, as they interchange pretty easily so what should be isn't always what is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks