• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inserting pictures into the middle of your post

M1031CMT

I have read through a two dozen threads about adding pictures, but they all talk about using the "manage attachments" where you upload pics and they are attached to the end of the post.

But I have seen lots of people post pictures in the middle of their post. I am wondering how this is done? Is hard to explain things some times by just having all the pictures at the end of the thread, so it would be nice to be able to write up something, post a picture, then write some more, etc.

I know the [/img] thing is disabled. It is done in case the links to the pictures dies later on. But it looks like this new way of posting pictures doesn't use this.

Anyone willing to share the secret? :whistle:

zout

When you have opened to reply to a post - look below this box you are typing in - it says Attach FIles and manage attachments after this.

Click on the manage attachments box and it will pop up a box with 10 sections for 10 pictures to add. Click Browse and add the pictures you wish to add.

Click on the bottom up upload - wait till you see them loaded then close out the box and hit the submit button

M1031CMT

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are replying to a post use the "Go Advanced" feature. Or if it's a new thread you should have the choices up already.

After you upload your attachments, click in the post where you want the attachment to be and then click the "paperclip" icon in your toolbar above the text box. Then select the attachment you want placed where the cursor is and you're done.

Last edited:

M1031CMT

Great it works!

Thanks Speddmon! That was easy. I had tried that little paperclip before, but I see now that you have to upload the pics using the "manage attachments" thing first so that they show up under the paperclip.

Thanks again :doghead:

KsM715

I had seen BFR's post about his homebuilt trailer and Pm'd him about how he had attatched the pics. Great timing for this thread.

I think posting pics this way is so much better for those "how-to" type threads

Danl

Danl M915A1

thanks Speddmon it only took me three months to post a picture, maybe in a few short years I'll learn how to spell, sometimes i'l spell right but my finger touches the wrong key

Danl

Danl M915A1

why are they not side by side, here goes another 3 months. but at least I'm able to get some pictures up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks