• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inspecting bottom end of multi fuel engine.

Hainebd

Is there any benifits to doing a lower end inspection to the engine? I know the valves requie adjustment but is anyone pulling mains and rod cabs off to check clearances and re bearing as required? I have no noise and good oil presure. No leaks. Runs good. Starts easily. Just thinking which gets me into trouble. Oil was clean last oil change. Did white rag test.

thanks

Brian

ShearerLegal

I've done it. Not that big a job. Dropped the pan and mic'ed the lower main bearings. Sanded the main caps slightly with 600 grit on a granite surface plate. Checked the torque on main and rod caps. Piece of mind.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be more worried about the crank breaking in two, oh wait, I've already done that.

No big deal, drive it over to pick up your stuff and Gimpy will drop the pan and inspect for you.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks