• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Install Muffler, Install Snorkel on Deuce

RAYZER

Thanks Don! I want one for the tractor! Also, you could run 1/4" hi trade rubber tubing off of barbed fittings at all of your cap vent locations, t everything into a main line that runs up the frame to the top of the air canister housing where it vents in via a tapped barbed fitting.

sandcobra164

I'm a huge fan of a muffled deuce. I don't have a snorkel but perhaps will try one in the near future. At idle, the muffler is not that noticeable but there's huge difference running down the road. I used a Donaldson 3" in and out "over the road truck" muffler. I couldn't keep the screen but it blends in ok painted flat black.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

I bought the big Walker muffler for my deuce but haven't installed it yet. I am thinking about the bullet muffler now. Much lower profile and won't interfere with the snorkel. I'll have to check out the classifieds.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a original equipment fording kit. I dont keep the snorkle on the truck because the tube deteriates in the weather. I have one unused spare tube but i like this design much better. I could leave it on year around.

joshs1ofakindxj

I don't know which mod I consider more valuable, adding some car bucket seats in the cab or adding a muffler.

There are several options for adding a muffler but I went the quick, easy, and cheap way with this pretty much bolt on set-up that fits behind the stock heat shield and eliminated the need for ear protection:

Jeggs: Moroso 94052 muffler $50
Napa: Two 3.5" muffler clamps $8, exhaust pipe connector 41893 $15

Note: Krylon Ultra Flat spray paint turns primer red on exhaust stack parts after awhile. Apparently Jeggs has a high temp OD green spray paint. I just used black BBQ spray paint from Walmart on my stack.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finished the installation today. I got tired of the Coffee Can. I found myself at Tractor Supply. Got the last 3.5" flapper they had $8.45. At my age thats working smarter, not harder.

Thats 1 less thing to think about..!

Attachments

TCB

I added a muffler from a local shop before leaving MN for a road trip to AZ- the sound before off of the cab over camper was too much for the 1800 miles- Does relocating the intake help that much too?

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did everything I could to quiet mine down. The intake is loud all by it's self. I am guessing I cut the sound down by half doing both. I am a no body and just do what I think will help.

The intake was a fording concern as is the air compressor intake. I have to rout that to the air cleaner box next.

TCB, I like the spare tire on the front. Never seen that before, looks good and useful for pushing chit out of the way. :drool: