• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installation instructions for ignition kit

gheidorn

I have an MEP-003 and was hoping someone would have a copy of the installation instructions for the electronic ignition kit NSN 2920-01-178-4979. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

edgephoto

diesel engines don't have an ignition system. The heat of compression is what ignites the fuel. This is why you need glow plugs in cold weather. The heat generated during a cold start is not enough to light off the fuel.

gheidorn

The generator I have currently has the point ignition system. The engine is a 2A016 not a diesel, sorry I put the wrong genset in the initial post.. I bought an electronic ignition kit from saturn surplus last year. I was going to install it but was unable to at that time. The kit came with a set of instructions and I lost the instructions. But I have located the TM's online and will figure it out.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks