• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed a pyro, got a surprise!

Jericho

Pre Post, what an argument. The distance from the intake side of the exducer and the post side is about 1 and a half inches I seriously doubt you will get an appreciable drop in temp, Simple exhaust velocity will STRETCH the heat across the face of the rotor . If you see 50 degrees I would be amazed. BUT, it is a moot point, I monitor POST turbo about 1 inch from the exducer Stalks. Once you set the threshold in your mind then it is a simple matter to watch your EGT . I seldom exceed 1000 degrees, , I have my Auber set to blue lite at 900 and use it as a tool. Although some will argue the exducer soaks up heat , it will only do so as the fuel is increased, and drops dramaticly as fuel is removed , it Yo yo s in temp as fuel is added and removed .

Katavic918

Mine was like that. Installed a boost gauge first and it would spin up to 15 psi easily. I don't know what the max was since I would back off after seeing how fast it shot up. After I installed the egt monitor I realized that I was probably over 1400 on a lot of grades. I left my fuel turned up because sometimes you need some power above your engines comfort level but having the instrumentation to monitor it ensures that to don't over do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks