• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installed air ride seats in my deuce

xtsix

i thouhgt that i should show off my air ride seats i installed in my m35a2 a couple weeks ago, i work as a mechanic at a trucking company, and i use my deuce as my daily driver, the spring seat is ok, but i figured that a good seat would make the truck alot more enjoyable to drive. i had replaced a few seats a while back in some of our peterbilts due to driver abuse, and i had enough parts laying aruond to build 2 good seats. so i ditched the stock spring seat /torture device, and installed pair of bostrom air ride seats. i built a base so i could bolt the seats in the stock location so as not to modify the cab itself, for the air for the drivers seat, i ran a tee off the feed side of the air wiper valve, and on the passenger side i ran my line into the valve on the firewall in the passenger footwell. everything worked great, except that the seat bases were too tall, on a good bump it would send my "sensitive parts" directly into the steering wheel. i had remembered seeing a seat down at the truck part shop down the street and after some haggling i walked out with a seat base for a cabover mack garbage truck. i had to weld two 2x4 pieces of tubing to my original mount, and bolt the base to the tubing to get enough height out of the seat. i now have about 6" of travel in the seat, lumbar support and the truck is 10 times more enjoyable to drive. so far its the best mod ive done to date

Attachments

Trainman

Glad to hear your mod worked well. I am slowly gathering info and parts here and there and this is one mod I will incorporate into my future build.

quickfarms

The low profile air ride seat base is commonly found in the larger medium duty trucks. Some of the bases have a hand pump so that they can be used on a truck without air brakes but you can remove the pump and add a valve to tap into the trucks air system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks