• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed manual push button but still have a problem

galeo7171

I installed all new glow plugs, bypassed the resistor, installed a manual push button by connecting to the blue wire and then grounding the button. When you push the button the wait light comes on but the relay doesn't click (new st85 relay). I turned the key to the on position and took a jumper wire and touched the small blue wire on the st85 to a ground and the relay clicks. I'm confused as to why the push button will turn the wait light on but not the relay. I checked the fuses under the dash and they are all ok. Any ideas?

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Move your push button to the other Blue wire on the GP control card.

Or wire it directly to the Light Blue wire on the GP relay.

Sounds like you are grounding the Dark Blue wire that goes to the Wait light.

galeo7171

Move your push button to the other Blue wire on the GP control card.

Or wire it directly to the Light Blue wire on the GP relay.

Sounds like you are grounding the Dark Blue wire that goes to the Wait light.
You were right, I wasn't paying enough attention and had the dark blue wire hooked up. It's on the right blue wire now and the relay is working. The wait light doesn't work anymore though lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks