• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing 5 ton combat rims

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon folks I have searched for info on this a few times and have come up with nothing to answer my question so here it goes. I have a M-925 that I am singling out next this week with 1400x20 Michelins on Combat rims. The front axle I understand the swap just fine but the two rear axles have me a little confused, I will need to use my Bud bolts on the studs to mount the singles to right? If this how do I get the bud bolts to bottom out on the hub so that I can mount the new tires on, some seem to bottom out and some certainly do not, I have not put a lot of torque on them till I make sure I have all my stuff in order, any suggestions on this would sure be appreciated and thanks in advance!
KK

KsM715

You put the tire/rim on first then put the bud nuts on or replace the rear buds with lugnuts the same as the front.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff thanks much that is what I needed to know, in afterthought it was a rather dumb question I should have figured that out! Thank you for the assist!
KK