• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing air ride seats in 931

roalcoal

Thanks to floridianson for hooking me up with these great seats! I finished up my install today. I removed the battery box and moved the batteries to the tool box under the passenger side, made my bases out of 1/8 plate and 3" c channel everything worked out greatIMAG0367.jpgIMAG0368.jpgIMAG0379.jpgIMAG0377.jpgIMAG0376.jpg

MtnSnow

What kind of suspension do those seats have? Edit...Let me clarify. How much LIFT/Drop does these seats have?

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of suspension do those seats have? Edit...Let me clarify. How much LIFT/Drop does these seats have?
They come out air up real close to what a springer seat is when you sit on the springer.
On the air ride you can use the yellow latch to raise or lower the seat about one and a half inches when it is aired up. So with the latch latched and the seat aired up it is around 13 inches to the base and when you unlock the latch it is around 15 inches high.. These should be able to go in Deuces. 809 or 939 series with a base built to fit your butt.

Attachments

Last edited:

Plane Fast

I started my install yesterday! It was late so, no good pics. It's in my M923a2.
Same HEMTT seats as yours. I have one more, that I'm going to sell.

Nice job on the install!

Last edited:

Gunny65

Nice install. I want to do this as well but I want air ride seats with arm rests. Arm rests seem to add an inordinate amount of money to the purchase price. Oh well. This isn't a cheap hobby. Anyway, love the look and congrats on the seats.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
How did you anchor the bases and seat belts?
My seatbelts hooked to the seat themselves. I used some 3/8in angle iron i has laying around for bolting the seat thru the cab and into it. I then welded some angle iron from the front angle to the rear angle iron.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

grendel

Where did y'all hook up your seat air bladders? I found constant air underneath on the frame, but would like something in the cab.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did y'all hook up your seat air bladders? I found constant air underneath on the frame, but would like something in the cab.
If you have a 939 series there are three air fitting on the floor board next to the drivers seat. The fitting closest to the rear of the cab is a air supply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks