• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing axles on a ISO 20' container..?

islandguydon

I have searched HI and lo for a way to install axles on a container, this was mentioned on the forum to me a few weeks ago and after careful thought it beats buying a M172A1 or buying a separate container trailer since I cant find a decent one of those either.

I just added pictures a few messages down.

Any suggestions........?

Don

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a "dolly" that we used on one of Jason's (jasonjc) containers when I was passing through back in '06. It may not be your size, but I image they are available for all the standard containers.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Buy a bolster trailer......the neck extends out and you can bolt the container to the frame.

I have a drop side deuce bed mounted on one and there is plenty of room for the extra lenght of a 20 foot container.

They also sit lower to the ground than a regular trailer.

NEIOWA

I have searched HI and lo for a way to install axles on a container, this was mentioned on the forum to me a few weeks ago and after careful thought it beats buying a M172A1 or buying a separate container trailer since I cant find a decent one of those either.

Any suggestions........?

Don
M1022 dolly is designed fto move ISO containers. Quite a few working thriu DRMS.

islandguydon

M1022 dolly is designed fto move ISO containers. Quite a few working thriu DRMS.
The problem is the container weights 22,000 lbs + 3000 when its loaded with the extra stuff I store in it. Will a bolster trailer handle the weight..? + its 9' tall.

13'6" is the max trailer height to be legal going down the road. Does anyone have a lead on a proper military 20' container trailer..?
Don

NEIOWA

The problem is the container weights 22,000 lbs + 3000 when its loaded with the extra stuff I store in it. Will a bolster trailer handle the weight..? + its 9' tall.

13'6" is the max trailer height to be legal going down the road. Does anyone have a lead on a proper military 20' container trailer..?
Don

I think you mean empty with is 2200lb?

Std ISO box is 8' high. If you have a 9' that is a Hicube and can't use a M1022. I think M1022A1 will work for a Hicube.

Rated load capacity of M1022 is 15000lb (box with cargon). Tires will be the limiting factor on total load.

Trailer quite nicely. Backing a full trailer is a bit of a trick compared to bumper hitch.