• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing Cab Reinforcement Plate

WantOne

Does anyone have a picture of the small reinforcement plate (part # 12375499) installed on thier truck that comes in the kit and is welded instead of riveted in place? I'm not the best welder and am wondering if I should try to do this myself or hire someone.

Thanks,

M35a2 reinforcement plate.jpg

WantOne

The instructions I have say

Clean right cab corner in accordance with TM 9-247 and Weld 12375499 plate on top of right rear cab corner as shown in figure 5.

WantOne

And then, Clean, Prime, and Paint cab cap reinforcement plate and installed hardware after welding in accordance with TM 43-1039.

steelandcanvas

Looks like you might need to take it to a welding shop if you're not comfortable doing it yourself. I learned something today, I thought they were all riveted or bolted in, thanks.

WantOne

Yes, not talking about the plate that goes across the back of the cab. I'm talking about a small piece that goes on top of the cab, right/passenger side rear.

WantOne

Does anyone have this plate installed on thier truck as part of the reinforcement kit? I have a soft top now, but wonder how or if it affects the hard top fit since you are adding a bit of metal on one corner. Seems that would create an uneven fit across the back of the cab.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the little plate installed on a cab and I think it is short enough not to mass up the hard top gasket. When it gets light I will take some pics.

Attachments

Last edited: