• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing PVC beadlock inserts in 12 bolts

Just finished mounting my brand new 37" Wrangler MTs onto a set of H1 12 bolts. (Thanks TedG) I put in a set of PVC double beadlocks from Trailworthy Fab. Great experience dealing with them. I've read several places on the internet how hard they are to get inside the tires. I thought it was pretty straightforward and the hardest part by far for this 53 year old man was torquing the 48 rim bolts down. I read on one website where the installer used his cherry picker to pull the inserts into the tires. Not that difficult. Here's how I did it in case it helps anyone here that's planning on using these.

First photo show the insert. Heavy duty stuff with nice chamfering. I lubed the tire beads up with silicone tire dressing, stood the insert up and put my foot inside it and put all of my weight on it. Using a long handled pry bar at both sides, I pried carefully at the bead until the insert slipped between the sidewalls. Then with a rubber mallet and a couple of large screwdrivers, I rotated the insert until it was in place between the beads. Then I inserted the wheel halves and tightened all of the bolts to specs. I reused the o rings after cleaning out the channel with a brass brush and seated the o ring in vaseline. Nice setup.

Attachments

Last edited:
Is that insert schedule 80 pvc sewer pipe?
Not sure but I did a double take while passing a construction site the other day. It certainly is the right color. :D At $50 each TWF is undoubtedly doing well on them but they do a nice job with their part. They are chamfered nicely and notched and drilled for the valve stems. They fit snugly on the him halves.

I have not attempted any balancing yet and the truck drives surprisingly smooth up to an uncalibrated speedometer reading of 55 mph.

Not sure but I did a double take while passing a construction site the other day. It certainly is the right color. :D At $50 each TWF is undoubtedly doing well on them but they do a nice job with their part. They are chamfered nicely and notched and drilled for the valve stems. They fit snugly on the him halves.

I have not attempted any balancing yet and the truck drives surprisingly smooth up to an uncalibrated speedometer reading of 55 mph.

I believe it is, I did some checking prior to ordering my set, and its was cheaper and plain easier to just order them from TWF, than to try and buy and make your own...

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just preparing to mount my BFG's on reconditioned 12-bolts. Does anybody know the recommended torque for the flange nuts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks