• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing reverse lights

FloridaAKM

I used a set of 24v speaker lights that I got from the Mt Dora show, mounted them in the same place as the Op did. The wiring was 16 gauge belden shielded wire that I had lots of & a switch that has the red safety cover that you lift to operate the switch. The switch was mounted in an existing hole just left of the steering wheel. I pulled power from the heater fan as it was available. There is no indicator to show when the lights are on, but if the switch cover is up, you know your backup lights are on. Now, I can see to backup @ night & not bump into stuff in the yard or @ work!

tcruwithme

I think I'll also use Clint's idea for a switch panel. I have three rotary switches for convoy, wipers, and rear work lights. That's one more of Clint's ideas added to my to-do list!

As for the reverse lights, I did this same mod using instructions from the previously-mentioned thread that Peashooter and Clint authored. It worked great. Here are a couple photos of the actual lights. As you can see, I bought a set of rear light bracket corners that came from an A3 and put them onto my A2.

20150124_152104[1].jpg

20150124_152130[1].jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1) Have you seen this switch? Which number plugs are power going to lights and power coming in from truck?

2) Which power source/location would be best to run power from?
I know this post is 2+ years old, but for the next time someone finds it...........

Yes, I have seen that switch, it's the master power switch in every M35, M38A1, etc.

I believe in the deuce that the A and C circuits always have power and when the switch is armed, the B and D circuits get powered.

I think I will steal your idea for the switch panel clinto ! I much prefer the military "on off" switch then to a standard civilian switch.
I love these switches, they have the look and they have this real "tactile" pleasure........... they don't feel rinky dink. They are rated for 20A continuous, with a 75A inrush. I need a few more.

I think I'll also use Clint's idea for a switch panel. I have three rotary switches for convoy, wipers, and rear work lights. That's one more of Clint's ideas added to my to-do list!

As for the reverse lights, I did this same mod using instructions from the previously-mentioned thread that Peashooter and Clint authored. It worked great. Here are a couple photos of the actual lights. As you can see, I bought a set of rear light bracket corners that came from an A3 and put them onto my A2.

View attachment 640914

View attachment 640915
I love your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks