• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instant horsepower

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Using N2O in the GTO.

Works great but expensive.

Costs $1 per second to use.

10lb bottle lasts only 30-45sec. Cheaper when bought in big cyl.Hassle to change bottles,re-fill them,and there not much good when empty...Try more boost or an intercooler.

JimK

area52

RE: Re: RE: Instant horsepower

Funny thing about passing people when driving a deuce - I drove mine over 800 miles from California to New Mexico and passed a grand total of one (1) other vehicle that wasn't broke down.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

HRD was running propane on his LDT before the Cummins swap.

SasquatchSanta

I'm in the process of putting together the parts for a system to inject propane. It's my belief that doing so on a conservative basis (5% on a BTU basis max) will decrease EGTs and increase power and overall fuel economy. I also believe that running a blend of waste engine oil is a plus with propane. More to follow.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Points well taken. It's been a while since I drove a duece. :oops:
I was speaking in the context of passing Grandpa on his daily Sunday drive on a two lane road (45 in a 55 zone). :roll:
I live near a large recreational lake and the rubberneckers are toads-in-the-road on weekends and holidays. :x
I just thought it would be nice to have a little extra umph if you need it. 8)