• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instruction for Zipper Boot Install By Pic

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have instruction with picture on a zipper boot installation? I have been searching the threads and I have found StepXstep thread but that was not for a Zipper boot.

islandguydon

What highfavor1004 said. I am looking for the same zipper boot install pic's. From what I gather there are 2 types, a silver zipper and the gold zipper. The Gold zipper is the one to install.

jbingvtx

Not to be a TM nazi but they do have very easy to follow instructions on this process. Take your time, be patient and an extra pair of hands would make it lots easier.

peashooter

mine started dripping grease as well the otherday. Where is the current best place to get a quality zipper boot? Also a TM to go along with members How-to is nice in case we find something else related that needs fixing.

jbingvtx

I actually am going to be replacing one myself today. I purchased mine from C & C equipment, they sell with the clamps as a package. The TM's can be found under the Resources tab at the top of the page.

poorman4x4

Trust me it aint hard, i have done numerous 2.5 ton and 5 ton boots, if you have time buy the one piece silicone boots, and take both steering knuckles off( trust me easy, i can do this in a day) or the zipper style, take of the boot guard 4 bolts, outer clamp, pull back boot, inner clamp, unzip, done. put on zip it inner clamp, outer clamp boot guard done

04mustang

If I have the old solid boot, non zippered, can I install the new zippers without removing everything to take the old style off.

Thanks,
Corey

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, just cut the old one off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks