• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Instrument cluster help

Malfaiteur

Hello, just got my first toy : ) a 66 2 1/2
I have been trying to research this, but was wondering if I could get a quick heads up from someone. The instrument cluster is out of the truck and I need to get it back in. Been reading the TM's (i think i have the right one) and can't find it. I am especially interested in figuring out which guage goes with the hose that is blowing noxious fumes into the cab. Appreciate any pointers to finding this info. Thanks much.

renovate7

That should be the air pressure gauge. It is the only one that doesn't have a cable (speedo and tach) or wire (all others) going to it.

3dAngus

The only thing that blows anything is the air pressure gauge line coming it. You should not be driving it without it being stopped up or better yet, an air gauge hooked up to it. Even if the overall panel is not in place, I would hook one up and let it dangle until you get the parts to gether for the rest of it. I have an old instrument gauge set around here somewhere that needs refurbishment if you want to make an offer. Otherwise I'll be selling it at the Ga. Rally.

That line is the same air line that services your brakes. You want to stop up all leaks for maximum serviceable brake operation possible.

By the way, with it parked, emergency brake on, and running, get under that machine and drain the water out of the air tanks with the valve cock at the bottom of the air tanks. Two tanks on the A2, and I was thinking I had three on my A3 but I could be mistaken. These air tanks need be drained every day for best brake operation, with minimal costly maintenance on down the road due to moisture buildup. That is probably what is causing the worst of the musty smell in the cab. You have a deuce that with air tanks that have not been purged of water on a regular basis. After a while , when dried out, the smell is not going to be anywhere near as bad.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks