• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insulating and making a cucv a bit quieter

84cucv1ton

I'm building that am m1028 for myself now. this truck will be driven every day. I'm still waiting to find a 700r4 transmission. I think that would quiet down a good bit. I would like to insulate the hood and the cab. I saw LMC has good insulation. Want to see what home depot has. As for the cab I was looking for something that is waterproof. any ideas guys what should use? Thanks

Last edited:

jdeoliveira74

when you are at homedepot... looking in the roofing and look for a product called quick roof repair it comes in a i think 8" by 33 ft roll. I did the entire inside of my m1009 and it made a huge difference. as for waterproof it is made to repair metal roofs

choll

The peel and seal stuff do you get any smell from it. I live in vegas and it can get to 140 degrees in a closed vehicle during the summer. I figured it might smell like tar

jdeoliveira74

its gets pretty hot here too not 140 but it still hits the 100 mark. I dont smell anything in my truck. It really makes a big difference. or you can go buy dynomat for 4 times the price to get the same effect

SimonG

JD when you did the inside of your truck with the peel and seal, did you carpet over? Did you stick it to the metal or is your truck rhino lined?

bgfd2216

I went to Lowes and got a roll of insulation its silver in color comes and different lengths. It was pretty inexpensive and I done the whole floor of the cab area for about 25.00. At the seems I used HVAC tape and then I covered it with a rubber floor mat that I bought offline. What a difference it made. Good luck hope it helps.

jdeoliveira74

all of my quick roof repair is covered with a floor mat and the cargo area has a carpet. My truck is used pretty hard for work in and out all day cargo area is full of tools and stuff. but again its not something you would leave uncovered

jdeoliveira74

If Home Depot doesnt have it try abc building supply they sell it in a 3' by 33' role for like 100 dollars. could do the hole truck twice I would imgine. It would be under the peel and seal name... or you can order it from Lowes home improvement on line

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks