• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insulation mates

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello together

I was just wondering if these mats are any good?
Does anyone know them? Assume that these were original equipment.

On ebay I find but unfortunately only individual pieces and not a complete set with fasteners.
22D2ABFB-69E4-42B9-81CA-4534E81E86D8.jpeg08A008B0-ACCB-4F82-A666-AAFAAA20AE64.jpeg268D9F46-E9C2-44E7-A66F-19A4CFB48849.jpeg

Action

Yes. Those look like originals. You will need to make a list from the parts book and order the stuff.
Beware of complete kits that are sometimes on epay. Someone made copies of the shapes, from thick bulk material. No flat edges or places for retainers to go. That would suck down by the throttle pedal where the OE part is flat.
Try places like AMG, macmotors, kascar, adventure accessories, epay, etc. shop around for each big piece. You may end up ordering from different places to get a better total price.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for

Can you tell me if it's worth it? Acoustically and/or thermally?
The complete set consists of 55 positions according to the parts list. Okay many of these items are screws and washers.

I have marked all parts that I would consider essential.
Everything else should be easy to remanufacture or is standard.
41675B09-37B0-45DB-A57C-2D4CCEDF97C6.jpegAADC9D0F-2ED9-4AE6-BC50-F40DC04F7E0F.jpegB188D759-71C7-4CDD-9F20-2180C6B7BF26.jpeg75F189FC-2DF2-4F2E-8922-07B07C058660.jpegDA0779B5-870B-44E2-AECD-3D6885C6EF0A.jpeg5E29D855-F456-4DF2-9BCF-23BD270DC311.jpeg

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to contact each company and see if they will export. You are in Europe and as such, many companies will not export due to the laws in this country regarding the sale and export of military items.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For this reason I try to order everything before my truck is shipped. Then everything can still be in the container.

right now on my list
- insulation parts (this thread) if it is woth it
- second set rims (24bolt)
- two sets of fresh tires
- two militäry MASTERCRAFT Suspension Seat for the front row
- turbo upgrade kit

AAVP7

Well, in summer while driving in shorts, they are the difference between a warm knee, and a burned knee. The aluminum body panels between the engine compartment and the driver´s/commander´s footwell become really hot. The same applies to the body tunnel where you or your passengers may place your arms. The insulation mats are really recommended.

Sadly, prices for insulation overhere in Europe are often outrageous. Don´t buy the overpriced stuff. I´ve bought most of my replacement insulation piece by piece in the U.S..

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Arnd

Perfect. Thanks for the tip! I had not even thought of heat from the drivertrain.

Right now i'm waiting for my truck. So i spend some times with research and collecting togetehr all the things that i never needed but always wanted to have.
Stuff all that together with the car in the container and ship it back to europe.

Pricing.. yes, i bought a side panel on ebay in Germany. Thought... ohh, but that's cheap for a set.... NO, was only one part.
Have now found almost everything together in the US but the 1000 dollar limit is reached quickly even there.

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must confess that I previously assumed that the insulation mats are not standard. I thought that these, just like my winterized hood, were specially equipped for thermally critical areas.
I have probably seen so far mostly too much worn trucks.
Just got the answer from my agent in CA the message that the mats in the procured by him are always inside.

So I will only have to reorder if some are rotten.

Either way, thank you for your help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks