• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insulation over heater box ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have scoured the parts tm and drawing a blank. I would appreciate someone pointing me to the correct diagram or page?

I am looking for the part number or nsn for the insulation blanket that is located up on the passenger's side dash over the flat part of the heater box right next to the fresh air intake?

This is a plain jane m998 with standard water heater.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bravojmc

I have scoured the parts tm and drawing a blank. I would appreciate someone pointing me to the correct diagram or page?

I am looking for the part number or nsn for the insulation blanket that is located up on the passenger's side dash over the flat part of the heater box right next to the fresh air intake?

This is a plain jane m998 with standard water heater.
believe this is your number.[h=1]12339908[/h]

dilvoy

The right front floor mat starts at the front edge of the battery box then extends forward and climbs up and is trapped in place by the heater box assy. That's why when you see a photo of one, it is so long and has those rectangular slots cut into it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. I thought this was just a separate strip, not part of the floormat. I see now it is just one long piece. I think some contact cement or velcro on the top is what I will do to keep it from curling down. Not doing that much work to change it until heater is an issue. :sad: