• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance- 818's and 915's w/trailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK guys, need some advice. JC Taylor Antique Insurance pulled the plug on my M915 coverage, "oversized", this is after the agent bound the coverage and sent in the paperwork. I think I need a "unlimited personal use" policy, where I can use the truck to haul my personal stuff on a semitrailer. What are you guys paying for this kind of policy, and what is the policy called? Clearly "antique collector" policies will not work for 80,000 GVW trucks hauling stuff back from GL auctions . . .

jwaller

just remember that even if you get a policy for your truck and the ppl writing it don't exactly know what the truck is. your policy will be no more good than the paper your wipe your rear with.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not really MV related but our insurance just went up 15% across the board on all our other vehicles. I called and was told it was for two reasons; credit report changed somehow and our zip code changed.

Oh no, we didn't move, the USPS thought it might be nice to change ours and it screws everyone with the new zip.

Nice, we get moved to a high risk zip code..........

Coldfusion21

Not really MV related but our insurance just went up 15% across the board on all our other vehicles. I called and was told it was for two reasons; credit report changed

I was told when i added a car to my policy they would do a credit report and use that to compute my premium. Now I'm young and have made some stupid decisions related to my credit but what a crazy idea. I always pay my insurance on time, I've been insured with the same company since i start driving 7 years ago and have a nearly spotless record. Yet i still pay an astronomical amount. Robbery i tell you.

Dave911

Is Gulfway Insurance still a good place to get insurance for MVs like a 5 ton dump?

If not, then who is? I've got a business with three commercial trucks on a commercial policy but I'm not going to use this M51 dump for commercial use - strictly my own.

Dave

Civilianfarmer10

I got a $1,000,000 liability policy only for my M818 last week. I had no commercial history so my 1st year premium was $730.00. The agent said as long as I have no claims next year my premium should go down. I think this would apply to any semi tractor used for commercial use.

Dave911

I got a $1,000,000 liability policy only for my M818 last week. I had no commercial history so my 1st year premium was $730.00. The agent said as long as I have no claims next year my premium should go down. I think this would apply to any semi tractor used for commercial use.

Who did you get the policy with? $730 is very reasonable for a first year. I pay about $600 per truck under a commercial policy same liability levels - not for hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks