• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

insurance and plates in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsunday25

Ok i asked this question before but I got answers from people outside of the state. I need to kno what is the best way to get plates and insurance on my five ton without breaking my bank. All im going to use it for is going to hunting camp and play with no big hauling. If any one can help from PA that be great thanks

itsunday25

Ok thanks what about if i wanted to get regular plates on it. Because it needs work before i can get classic plates. but but i need to have insurance and plates to keep it at my house.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get regular plates and pay the going rate for PA tags and most likely commercial insurance. Then you could apply for the Classic tags.

In order to qualify for Classic tags, the vehicle must look like it did when it came from the manufacture. Yes, like new with an original factory type paint scheme. No dents, rust or modifications that were not offered by the manufacture.

In order to get PA Classic tags you will be required to send 4 photographs to PennDOT with the proper paperwork and fees to get your title branded for Classic. The photos are front, rear, left and right sides. If it doesn't look like it's new, chances are your application will be rejected.

Once you obtain the Classic tags, you can investigate insurance coverage with an insurance provider of your choice for rates and possible conditions and limitations.

I would recommend that you fix up the truck (make it look good) and apply for the Classic tags and see if PennDot says it qualifies. If it doesn't pass, go the more expensive route and get regular tags till you have it ready to try and pass for Classic tags again.

Keep in mind that Classic tags still require you to get the vehicle inspected. 2.5 and 5 ton trucks are required to be inspected every 6 months.
Karl

Attachments

prosncons

You can get regular plates and pay the going rate for PA tags and most likely commercial insurance. Then you could apply for the Classic tags.

In order to qualify for Classic tags, the vehicle must look like it did when it came from the manufacture. Yes, like new with an original factory type paint scheme. No dents, rust or modifications that were not offered by the manufacture.

In order to get PA Classic tags you will be required to send 4 photographs to PennDOT with the proper paperwork and fees to get your title branded for Classic. The photos are front, rear, left and right sides. If it doesn't look like it's new, chances are your application will be rejected.

Once you obtain the Classic tags, you can investigate insurance coverage with an insurance provider of your choice for rates and possible conditions and limitations.

I would recommend that you fix up the truck (make it look good) and apply for the Classic tags and see if PennDot says it qualifies. If it doesn't pass, go the more expensive route and get regular tags till you have it ready to try and pass for Classic tags again.

Keep in mind that Classic tags still require you to get the vehicle inspected. 2.5 and 5 ton trucks are required to be inspected every 6 months.
Karl
Thank you for this! My friend from PA is actually having the same problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.