• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance for HMMWV

Status
Not open for further replies.

IroncladGA

I have an 85 HMMWV that I am trying to get insured. I have talked to a couple of insurance carriers, and they can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that it doesn't have a standard VIN.

Who are you guys using?

If it matters, my state of residence is Georgia.

For my A3 in NC, I went with State Farm. It is a commercial policy with 100-300-100 liability only and strictly can not be used for any business/commercial use. No restriction on mileage or parking requirements. They charge me about $167 per six.months. That said, every state is different. I went in with pictures, copy of title, and Wikipedia info. They were most interested in the gross weight and intended use.

HMMWV

I just called up (in NY) my agent, gave them my plate number and got insured as a Normal Suburban (not car not truck). vin number for me is 00000541A, had to add "A". Made the DMV computer more happy. The CHECK for reg. was all they wanted!!! I'm in an "other" catagory. As for Carbon foot print, I am now getting 16.7MPG highway. Ya, I checked it on two fillings. Local runs with cold out I drop to 12 or so, I do alot of idle time to get warmed up. Warm for me, not the truck.

'85 M998 HMMWV

JGrant

I've had USAA for over 30 years and they would not insure any of my MVs, including my M1026. I have my Deuce and HMMWV with State Farm. No problems with them. Images is about all they wanted along with intended use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks