• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL Insurance policies

joedafireman

Hello friends, I am looking for a insurance company to get insurance for my Deuce. I bought a 1971 American General M35A2C with a M105 , will try and get some pics posted soon. for my retirement from the fire service in January. I currently have "LEGEND" insured with State Farm, over $600 /yr, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find cheaper coverage. State Farm had no idea of what the Deuce is. Thanks in advance for your help. Pls give the name and contact number of the company so I can contct them.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Hagerty Insurance for my MV’s. They specialize in classic cars and HMV. They require a picture of the vehicle. You will get a better rate if the picture shows the vehicle “stored” indoors. It took me a weekend to clear a space big enough in my barn for my 934 for that picture.😜 Here’s a link: https://www.hagerty.com/

joedafireman

I use Hagerty Insurance for my MV’s. They specialize in classic cars and HMV. They require a picture of the vehicle. You will get a better rate if the picture shows the vehicle “stored” indoors. It took me a weekend to clear a space big enough in my barn for my 934 for that picture.😜 Here’s a link: https://www.hagerty.com/
Thanks Bill, I called Hagerty and since I don’t have my barn built yet, they won’t cover it, they told me to call back when it’s in a building. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have my M37 in my carport or the 20 foot in closed trailer and Gulfway collectors insurance has me covered. Also asked if I had a fenced in yard and I do have the 4 foot fence with a gate but it is always open. They also have my M373A2 semi trailer insured with my M915A2. The M915 is in a steel carport close to the house and big enough for it. The semi trailer just stays backed up to my carport / house as my back up guest house / tool box and parts wear house. Good luck.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called and spoke with Hagerty to insure my Deuce as well. They will cover it for a good low price but you can't do much with it except parades, club meets, car shows and pleasure cruises. They told me that any off road or load carrying would be a no-no.

Since I didn't want to take a chance at violating my policy for the occasional load of mulch or what have you I went with Progressive Commercial.

If I just had a parade truck I would go with Hagerty.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CHUBB or Gulfway. Neither has a garaging restriction. You are limited in useage though as with any other collective policy.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Fl. antique tags alone limits my travel but ask me if I care. I only go to the shows with the 915 and trailer. The M37 will be used for shows carried there by in closed trailer and maybe the quick run to grocery store. I do not need / or want it as a daily driver.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"My Fl. antique tags alone limits my travel but ask me if I care. I only go to the shows with the 915 and trailer. The M37 will be used for shows carried there by in closed trailer and maybe the quick run to grocery store. I do not need / or want it as a daily driver."

My comments were just to the OP about insurance and what the limitations for a "collector policy" were and were not intended to throw shade at anyone about their usage. I have had both CHUBB (currently) and Gulfway (previously) and liked both companies. The reason I went with both at the time was to cover my M35 which I couldn't lock in a building. They were the only 2 companies I could find that didn't have a garaging requirement.

MTVR

I'm not in Florida, but for whatever it's worth- Hagerty said they couldn't insure my MTVR, because it's less than 25 years old...

Chief B

I don't have a Deuce I have a HMMWV, but I noticed somebody mentioned Progressive Commercial. I personally use Progressive Commercial and will continue to do so for the forceable future. I use to have USAA for my automobiles and when I got my HMMWV they referred me to Progressive Commercial and they have been great. When I switched my autos to Geico, they told me they could insure the HMMWV, but turned out they couldn't so I have been with Progressive Commercial the whole time for just over 20 per month. They never ask any questions or anything. The only issue (if you can even call it that) was when I first got the policy they added a bunch of 1s after my VIN to make it 16 digits and then I received a letter from the DMV stating I did not have my VIN numbers did not match, but that was an easy fix, just took one phone call and the explanation resolved that.

clob mcstrunk

I picked up coverage through Hagerty earlier this week for my 1972 M35a2.

I’ve been with StateFarm for everything for over 20 years and best they could do was >$600/year.

Hagerty has me at $170/year.

fpchief

Hello friends, I am looking for a insurance company to get insurance for my Deuce. I bought a 1971 American General M35A2C with a M105 , will try and get some pics posted soon. for my retirement from the fire service in January. I currently have "LEGEND" insured with State Farm, over $600 /yr, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find cheaper coverage. State Farm had no idea of what the Deuce is. Thanks in advance for your help. Pls give the name and contact number of the company so I can contct them.
Hagerty Insurance

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those with Progressive commercial; what classification do they use under the "business information" section of your application?

Chief B

For those with Progressive commercial; what classification do they use under the "business information" section of your application?
I just checked my policy and it actually does not say. I know I called USAA and they wouldn’t insure it so they transferred me to Progressive Commercial and told them I had a commercial vehicle to insure. I have insurance but honestly don’t believe it is enough so looking elsewhere where I can get an agreed upon value for the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patogarza

I called and spoke with Hagerty to insure my Deuce as well. They will cover it for a good low price but you can't do much with it except parades, club meets, car shows and pleasure cruises. They told me that any off road or load carrying would be a no-no.

Since I didn't want to take a chance at violating my policy for the occasional load of mulch or what have you I went with Progressive Commercial.

If I just had a parade truck I would go with Hagerty.
Hey I tried Progressive and they said no. Can you share your agent's info. Thx!

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sorry but I did not go thru an actual agent like I had to do with State Farm. I just called the direct number for Progressive Commercial and whoever answered got me what I needed. 1-877-656-7707
What did they tell you?
I didn't get too crazy trying to explain the truck to them and they did not ask too many questions. I gave them the load capacity and the titled vehicle weight I believe. Also the longest one way trip I planned to take it on they asked me for. Mine is titled as a JEEP stake body here in NY. That's how it was registered by the PO in this state.

Travlr

I know you're not the insurance guy, but do you have any idea if they will cover a classic car for liability only? Maybe restricted mileage?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks