• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorscheTech911

Hey everybody,

I just went through a turd storm with a bunch of insurance companies including, Shelter, Geicko, Progressive, State Farm and others and couldn't get any to insure a deuce for one reason or another. Most didn't know what I was talking about, or their commercial policies wouldn't cover it.

So I went and did a Google search which lead me to a familiar place. Olive-Drab.com

On their site they listed several companies for insurance. The first of which was Condon & Skelly ( Condon Skelly - Home ) so I called them and talk to a lady named Teressa (bad with names so don't quote me on that) and she said they insure military vehicles all the time no problem. I told her what it was, how many axles it has to confirm, and what I want to do with it. I told her a pleasure vehicle, just to some off road parks and other events. Drive it around town and that it will be garage kept (sometimes) in a barn.

She ran the numbers for me here in Missouri and came up with a grand total of $50 Fifty Dollars a YEAR for 300k liability.

Please consider calling them! It's a ton cheaper than most of the other policies I've read about on here.

Also I'm 21yo with no accidents (yet) and no limits on mileage or other things on the policy. She said its the same coverage you'd get from Progressive or Geico.

Sounds excellent to me. [thumbzup]

groundog

[thumbzup]I hsve my insurance with them--2500 mles a year limit--I have a m-813 and a m-820 so I can run 5999 miles a year have yet to exceed the mileage

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Went to thier site and says garageed.
Plus a lot more....

What We Don't Insure
  • Daily Use Vehicles – used for daily transportation or as a backup or substitute vehicle

• Hauling & Off-Road Vehicles – used for hauling, off-road or utility type driving

• Business Use Vehicles – used for commercial, business or transportation-for-hire purposes

• Racing Vehicles – used primarily for racing or collectible vehicles that are raced

Our Usage Requirements

Used primarily for hobby purposes (club functions, shows, events and cruise nights) and occasional leisure drives. Garaging – the vehicle is kept in a fully enclosed locked garage

Sounds like they could easily say tough poop if an issue did happen.

PorscheTech911

I don't have an issue as mine will be kept inside, but they aren't going to come and watch you park your truck every day. The lady didn't mention any mileage limits to me, but I'll ask to be sure. Still I doubt I'd go over 2-3k miles a year anyway.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you buy a truck?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd make sure you clean the truck spotless if you return back on-road after playing off-road. And make sure to not have anything in the bed. I asked gulfway when I was shopping a while back about "can I drive it to work once in a while". The answer was a firm NO. No commuting allowed.

powerhouseduece

I'd make sure you clean the truck spotless if you return back on-road after playing off-road. And make sure to not have anything in the bed. I asked gulfway when I was shopping a while back about "can I drive it to work once in a while". The answer was a firm NO. No commuting allowed.

One more reason for getting Commerical Insurance. Worth the extra $ and I dont worry about towing a trailer, I KNOW im covered.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I don't have an issue as mine will be kept inside, but they aren't going to come and watch you park your truck every day. The lady didn't mention any mileage limits to me, but I'll ask to be sure. Still I doubt I'd go over 2-3k miles a year anyway.
I just gotta tell ya...and I know...I'm a worry wart, but it has served me well.
That insurance quote just doesn't seem "kosher"to me.:shock:

One more reason for getting Commerical Insurance. Worth the extra $ and I dont worry about towing a trailer, I KNOW im covered.

I second this, even though I only have Liability right now, its still coverage, no restrictions and my agent knows EXACTLY what it is, I kept a front-side picture of a deuce with me at all times while insurance shopping to show them what it was.

My SF agent has me liability, commercial for personal use, no restrictions, 504.66 every 6 months.

compare that with the insurance for me to be on the Bronco:
Nationwide, part time driver (school/work driving ONLY) full coverage, 600+ every 6 months

.......thats another reason for my deuce, cheaper insurance :beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have Progressive for the MVs...M-37, M54(GT), M185A3 and a 1966 Ford Fairlane...$549.00 for 6 months...no restrictions except "for hire".
That's just basic liability required by Georgia though.

50 Bucks for insurance...makes me shivver if I should need it.:(

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH...forgot to mention...My agent has pics from ALL angles of these vehicles...including the Fairlane. The local agent could not insure the MVs..she had to call the HQ's and send the pics so they were sure what they were insuring....that made me feel better to.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks