• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insurance What To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got my quote from Gulfway. Due to the way Ohio handles insurance they base your liability on your current vehicle insurance. All they could give me was $100k liability.

So, I got full coverage with a value of $5,000 and a $1,000 deductible for $176/year.

Works for me.

Good tip on asking for Sonya. She knew about Steel Soldiers and I told her was the recommended person to talk to. :)

steve

saddamsnightmare

August 13th, 2008.

Try Nationwide Mutual or one of it's affiliates.... In West Virginia and Texas they insure my Unimog and my Deuce each for less then what I used to pay (last year) on a 1989 Ford F250 4X4 PU, they know what they weigh, the size and number or axles and the capacity..... As long as I use them for personal non-commercial hauling, they don't care.... It's like a dollar a day per truck..... I can't buy a 24 oz Pepsi* for that....

Good luck, I don't know what they'll say as regards NJ.... but give them a try....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. Mcgrogan

1971 Kaiser jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gen Set, gas, APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S/202.114 MB

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kyle,

I have all the rest of my insurance through a Nationwide affiliate and my agent would not insure the deuce. I wanted all my insurance through the same place but no luck.

I guess there is just no end to the different ways to get one insured. :)

steve

scooter01922

Woo Hoo, talked to sonya today myself. Wonder if shes gonna join up here one of these days with all us members calling her?? Anyway, i'm in the same boat as you SW, as my regular car ins has a 100K liability thats the max they can do for the deuce, but for 176$ for the year i'm not gonna complain. Only stipulation for me to be able to do it with gulfway is that the truck is stored in maine. It just visits MA alot :wink:

houdel

Re: RE: Insurance What To Do

LanceRobson said:
I don't know of any insurance company that will insure a "collector" or "hot rod" vehicle that's not stored indoors. Lance
State Farm does. Collector's insurance on my Deuce is about $150/yr for full coverage (MI insurance is relatively expensive) and they do not care about indoor or outdoor storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.