• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insureance providers

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about a list of providers with contact info, this question comes up about twice a month, the list could be a resource item

3dAngus

I have used Hagerty for antique autos. Cheapest in the U.S. They require sheltering inside a closed garage, locked storage, and minimum mileage recorded in their insurance for antiques.

Check your policy for the small print. It may not be the case for your vehicle, but has been for mine. I cannot shelter and lock up my deuce within, so I cannot use Haggerty for it.

Jake Goddard
State Farm
Perry, Ga.
478-987-3500

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
J.C Taylor will not insure wreckers "WE do not INSURE cranes" talking to them is like talking to a ROCK, told them I wanted to insure where the wheels went not what the crane lifted, still got the ROCK

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
this was BEFORE the updated flying capability, I can guess there reply if asked for wrecker airborne insurance without a wrecker airworthiness cert. :gimp2:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still recall the day I went to a local broker to start a JC Taylor policy. They called JC Taylor and were told "they do not insure privately owned military vehicles". They refused to write a policy based on that phone call(even though I was showing them the advertisement they put in MV Magazine.

I should have stopped there, but like a fool, I called them(the number in the ad) a week later and they wrote me a policy after I showed them pictures of the truck inside the garage.

Not long after, they refused to accommodate my states requirements(to communicate electronically). That caused issues and my drivers license to be suspended. There was nothing I could do to help. I stood in line at my DMV and asked them to listen to my local DMV managers requirements(on my phone) and they refused to. I gave up after that. They also refused to cancel my paid in full policy(I did not ask for a refund).

Hagerty, was ok but did not offer as much for my collection as Gulfway does .

I prefer Gulfway over any other company for my MVs.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks