• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insuring a CUCV (protecting an Investment)

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also use Gulfway Insurance.

You do get to actually talk to a live person. AND YOU TELL THEM what your vehicle is worth and they will bill you accordingly. And they don't have a mileage restriction - because THEY UNDERSTAND that you can only drive one vehicle at a time. OK, I can DRIVE one and tow one (but that makes me even slower and MORE careful, not faster and more dangerous).

The interesting thing is, the more vehicles you have, the price can actually GO DOWN. Once you get to five vehicles (a trailer IS ONE VEHICLE), you actually get a discount.

FOR FIVE vehicles I used to pay a little less than $400 a year. Now I only have four and I valued my dually at $5500 (that's probably undervalued and I may up it's value next year), my M1009 at $3000, my MKT at $3000 and my MEP-003a on a M116 trailer at $3500. My yearly payment is STILL under $400.

IF I ADD ANOTHER VEHICLE, chances are what they are CHARGING ME FOR ALL MY VEHICLES will go down (a small amount per vehicle) because I have FIVE.

You can't go wrong with Gulfway Insurer. Great folks. When I needed the proof of insurance vehicle form, I called up and they emailed it to me in LESS than 24 hours.

THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE. They have been my MV insurer of choice for more than six years now.

great info for this newbie Such as myself i own 2 m1008s and i know first hand what the parts specific for these trucks go for i watch constantly and im involved in sales of such thanks for the heads up ill be looking into it when my policy comes up in oct ;]:mrgreen:

st8kfinger

wow, i must really have an awesome insurance agent, well i do but anyways, i drive 4 different "custom" trucks and they are all "worth" and insured for what i tell my agent, she asks what they are worth and insures them for what i tell her and a claims adjuster cannot say otherwise, i pay for insuring a $7500 cucv and if its a total loss or stolen i get a $7500 check, end of story. i just got an 85 m1009, my first mv (and love it) i have full coverage, roadside assistance and the whole 9 yards and pay a whopping $12/month and its insured for $7500 not $2000 book. if anyone would like her # i would be glad to pm it to you, she is an awesome agent and will bend over backwards to help you, i cant say the same about any other agent i deal with. on a side note my s10 zr2 blazer is "worth" $10,000 lol

M923driver

Gulfway is great. Very reasonable prices and easy to deal with. I second/third/fourth the recommendation.:driver: You guys that have your trucks insured as daily drivers with only liability might want to see what full coverage cost USAA quoted me a difference of $4.00 per month. That's worth it even if you only get the "book" value.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks