• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CO Insuring HMMWV NEWER than 20 years

jrtoffroad

Hey guys,

Looks like there's a few decent insurance options for HMMWV's, but everyone I've found requires the vehicle to be at least 20 years old (Hagerty, USAA, Nationwide, JC Taylor....). Any other companies I should try to get insurance on a newer model? My M1123 is a 2008.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly you question is in a place that you can’t get any answers. I think it belongs in the HMMWV section but people way smarter than me thinks this is the best place for it. With that being said and moving on. I’m going thru the same thing now. I was told by Progressive that I need a different vin or something, he’s wrong and doesn’t know what he was doing. State Farm told me like 1,200 a year in addition to the 220+ a month and it was zero coverage if I wrecked it or whatever.
the only option I found was Hagerty. They have zero restrictions and 991.00 a year or 212.00 down and 86.00 a month. I’m going to go that option on Monday after I ask a few questions. You can go to their site and get instant quote with just your name and email address. They will save your quote also. Mine is a 2002 so it’s not 20 years old

jrtoffroad

Sadly you question is in a place that you can’t get any answers. I think it belongs in the HMMWV section but people way smarter than me thinks this is the best place for it. With that being said and moving on. I’m going thru the same thing now. I was told by Progressive that I need a different vin or something, he’s wrong and doesn’t know what he was doing. State Farm told me like 1,200 a year in addition to the 220+ a month and it was zero coverage if I wrecked it or whatever.
the only option I found was Hagerty. They have zero restrictions and 991.00 a year or 212.00 down and 86.00 a month. I’m going to go that option on Monday after I ask a few questions. You can go to their site and get instant quote with just your name and email address. They will save your quote also. Mine is a 2002 so it’s not 20 years old
What year HMMV are you looking to insure? I tried with Hagerty but was denied for being too new.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No. I called and worked with an agent. Then when i tried to go with Farmers they also tried to set me up with Hagerty with the same result.
I did the online quote and it seemed like it was good to go. I chose military vehicle on the build your own quote. They had classic option also but I went military option just to avoid problems later.
Give it a try and see what happens.

jrtoffroad

I did the online quote and it seemed like it was good to go. I chose military vehicle on the build your own quote. They had classic option also but I went military option just to avoid problems later.
Give it a try and see what happens.
I actually got as far as getting id cards from farmers, but hagerty kicked it back when it went through their underwriting. I suspect the same thing would happen with an online quote, but maybe not.

Yours is so close to 20 years i bet they let it slide.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually got as far as getting id cards from farmers, but hagerty kicked it back when it went through their underwriting. I suspect the same thing would happen with an online quote, but maybe not.

Yours is so close to 20 years i bet they let it slide.
That had a military vehicle option and it didn’t say classic military vehicle. If they sent it to underwriting as classic and it’s not, that might be the problem. From my experience nobody has a clue what they are doing and then they send it off to others that don’t know what they are looking at. I might get turned down when it comes right down to it.

wadeyoung1

Hey guys,

Looks like there's a few decent insurance options for HMMWV's, but everyone I've found requires the vehicle to be at least 20 years old (Hagerty, USAA, Nationwide, JC Taylor....). Any other companies I should try to get insurance on a newer model? My M1123 is a 2008.
Just got insurance through American Collectors. Easy to work with. Good price.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The reason for the insurance section is because there's about 50 answers to any insurance question since states are different. What might hold true for your HMMWV, might not be true for someone else's HMMWV in another state. That's why the section has state tags too for the thread.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was finally able to get insurance through progressive. Kind of pricey, but at least I'm 1 step closer to being able to drive this thing on the road.
Now that you have it covered - keep shopping.

Tell the other potential insurance agents that you have coverage with (insert name here) and you want a better price.
It works. They enjoy competition. Especially if you find one that is a little "hungry" near the end of the month and there are sales goals to meet.

BestPrez45

Hey guys,

I'm assuming this is old news by now what with it being 2/2022 but I had good luck so far with State Farm for my 2008 M1123. I got a quote that I will need to confirm with them because it was only $35 a month with the bare minimum on basic coverage.

Steveo22

Mullaney - Any luck with insurance? I'm starting the process now. Citizens said no. I filled out online application for Hagerty Insurance, waiting for response from them. I have a 2005 M1123 and itching to get it on the road (Michigan). Thanks

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mullaney - Any luck with insurance? I'm starting the process now. Citizens said no. I filled out online application for Hagerty Insurance, waiting for response from them. I have a 2005 M1123 and itching to get it on the road (Michigan). Thanks
Recently I transferred all of my stuff to Farm Bureau. It took several phone calls and the first guy flat out said "no way". I called around and settled in with an agent that came by my place, took pictures and had me insured the next day.

Short answer is just don't take no for an answer. If the first person says no, hand up and use your search engine and keep calling until you find somebody who will say yes.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hagerty told me no as I do not have a garage. Many here have been able to get coverage with them without a garage. That inconsistency makes me wonder about their coverage if i ever have a problem. YMMV

State Farm covered me with classic/antique and I also added my m923 with them the same way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks