• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake choice

llong66

Hello all! First, Ill appologise for posting from my phone, I am having puter and/or router questions and can only log on using wireless, even going through my home wireless w my phone generates an error. Now, to my question...I have a bad valve and need to pull my pass. side head. I have the original military intake as well as the intake from the 6.5l turbo I bought and rebuilt. I am not at this time going to install my turbo but was wondering if one intake, the dual plane vs the single has an advantage in a NA application? At this point with it removed and both cleaned up putting either on would be the same. I will guess once I get around to installing my turbo that I will want to go w the civi single plane, would I be just as well doing that now while I have it off? Any real preformance diff?
Thanks much!
Greg

rsh4364

In general the dual plane has more bottom end torque,the single plane more top end power on a NA engine,either route you take I would gasket match the intake ports,short work with a dremel tool.On a turbo motor I cant say which is better,but I imagine GM used the single plane for a reason.

Chaski

I'll second the porting. I've seen some horrible as-cast runners on the 6.2 intakes. Even if you do rough job on the ports it will be much better than original, just match to a quality gasket.. As for which one you should run I really have no idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks