• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake flame heater delete

ducer

I would just knock the porcelain out and weld closed. When I was poor as a kid I knocked the porcelain out of a plug and made a TDC stop for degreeing the cam in my 454 elcamino. Almost 30 years later as a poor adult I'm still using it.aua

Denny

eagle4g63

Hey Gimp are you talking the 2 holes in the intake elbow? IF so pm me your address and I'll send you the plugs......It's the least I can do after what you did for me.

Artisan

OK well if I were doing that I might consider taking that part to a good welder
and just cut it into 2 pieces just above the hex and weld it shut and Viola, you
have a plug.

After that and I am sure preferred, just determine the thread pitch and then measure the OD of
the threads and look for a plug that perhaps uses a crush washer or a high temp
sealing washer and Viola. The seat, where the crush washer would touch needs to
be absolute clean and it should be measured to make sure the OD of the washer
is not to big.

Give me the thread pitch and OD and I might get lucky.

A guy might be able to grab a plug like THIS and replace the rubber ORING w/ a Copper (or)
Crush washer / sealing washer this THIS.

Artisan

I just had a though, if you cut it in 2 pieces you might be able to
drill it out to size, then tap it to NPT specs and pop in an NPT plug.

So you would have a plug screwed into a plug.

Last edited:

welldigger

The only issue with modifying the atomizer plug is what material is it made of. If it's steel then welding it up or cutting and retapping would work great. If it's pot metal (it very well could be) this poses a problem. That being said artisan posted some promising links. Also, since this is for the intake an o ring should work fine as a seal since the intake doesn't get all that hot.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nathan said he had a plug, so I am going to wait for that to show up. I will measure everything and post up what is needed so everyone else can find the plugs too.

Artisan

There ya go...

I am a Grand Master / Professional at Illusory Superiority. No one does it better than me.
My lemon tree produces the best lemons in the world and you can not replicate
what I do, oh so very skillfully that I do it.

Dunning and Kruger would follow me for days!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure what you need is a Bifurcated Universal Tapping Tool plug.

Works well with the Doghead mod.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could allways just leave the spark plug and leave the atomizer and just use two inverted flair plugs in it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks