• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

intake manifolds for the Optimizer 6.5's

res0wc18

hey guys figured you would be the one to ask here.

I know that the Optimizers have different intake bolt angles vs the non optimizer/NA engines.

these look to be correct hats.

ebay1.JPGebay2.jpg

question is what goes after those? this?

ebay3.JPG

trying to get this figured out as I'm wanting to run a marine engine optimizer and cant find a diagram of the turbo engine intakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Army Kid

Banned
You got it. I yanked my 6.5NA & installed a 2007 6.5 Optimizer Turbo in my M998 last year... got those exact parts (plus a bunch more) to make it happen :)

res0wc18

awesome. from what i can tell and have been told the older CUCV type single stat crossover pipe etc will fit and the only real difference is the intake manifold for fitment of accessories etc. so only real must have is the above intake setup in some form, the rest of the civy or CUCV style stuff will fit.

Did you find that to be true?

Army Kid

Banned
I used my same 6.5na coolant crossover single stat pipe. I used the complete turbo setup , so had to get a new exhaust crossover from turbo to muffler. (Already came with turbo manifolds) The turbo top end is lower comp. for the turbo.... I upgraded my injectors & turned up my fuel IP also. Man that turbo kicks butt over the NA. Love watching the boost and EGT Gage's :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks