• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake Stack and Pipe Mods

JohnnyBM931A2

So has anyone here upgraded their intake stack and piping to a larger diameter, to help with airflow when turning up the fuel? I noticed on eBay that people are selling 8" military intake stack caps. Most say they are for the HEMTT (HEMTT owners feel free to chime in on that.) A 3" increase in diameter over the stock pipe would really improve airflow, especially if you can keep it the same diameter all the way to the turbo. I think it's possible, though I will have to check it out tomorrow after work. There are eBay sellers and others that carry 8" OD aluminum tube, and the price isn't too unreasonable.

I suppose I could also disconnect the pipe when it gets under the hood, then just mount an air filter directly before the turbo. That way you have a super free-flowing intake, but you retain the factory look of the intake stack. Only problem with that is all the hot air that you will draw in from the engine bay.

Anyway.. Just wondering if anyone has messed around with this.

JohnnyBM931A2

Do you have any links or pictures?
Sorry! Somehow I completely forgot to respond to you :(

I can't post links to eBay here.. It is frowned upon. However, if you do a search there for 8" military intake, you will see what I am talking about. I ended up picking one up to take a look at. When I looked over the truck the other day, it seems like there would be enough room to run an 8" intake pipe all the way to the turbo. Obviously some cutting, trimming, and fitting involved, but possible :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks