• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intank fuel pump

jasonjc

Yes I know this has been :deadhorse: . But I've looked and looked and searched And still can not find the thread I'm looking for. Some one posted the info for the company that is making the pumps new and that will sell to us. Does anyone know the info I'm looking for or the thread?????????????????????????????????

acetomatoco

And you can use a heater fuel pump in line for $50..same as fuel transfer pump on some of the M series with dual tanks.

jasonjc

They ask for a part number and all I could find was the number for just the pump. So I assume that this is just the pump.

surpdlr

jasonjc said:
Yes I know this has been :deadhorse: . But I've looked and looked and searched And still can not find the thread I'm looking for. Some one posted the info for the company that is making the pumps new and that will sell to us. Does anyone know the info I'm looking for or the thread?????????????????????????????????
Is this for the M135 in your photo?
If so I have NOS pumps for $85.00 plus shipping.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: Intank fuel pump

I contacted them too . Dave A. reply was
I would need more information to identify the pump. Do you have a NSN or
other part numbers?
Anyone know it?

I don't know what is offered but their web site shows a photo of the complete pump(w/tank mount,hose and fuse cover).
I took mine apart today for a look. Fuse was blown, screen partially clogged. pump ran with new fuse. Press test was 6psi.

What is the correct fuse (amp rating)?Thanks .JimK

jasonjc

RE: Re: Intank fuel pump

The part number is 10947344 nsn 2910-00-148-1612 there P/N is 311389-1 these are for the pump only and it's $175.00. I orded one monday and he said about 30 days. So I'll post more when it gets here.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

The pump I got from TNJ Murray lasted only a few hours. I'm not too happy and I do not want to send them another chunk of my bank account right now.

jwaller

RE: Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

I had to send my pump back to memphis 3 times before I got one that would last more than a week. Mine makes 7psi cold fuel and about 4-5 with hot fuel.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

jwaller said:
I had to send my pump back to memphis 3 times before I got one that would last more than a week. Mine makes 7psi cold fuel and about 4-5 with hot fuel.
What were some of the problems you were experiencing with the pump itself?

Did TNJ Murray give you any grief? Did they acknowledge there being a problem with their pumps? Did you end up with one of their pumps in the end? (...and I don't mean that in the figurative sense).

I like the in-line pump that is available, but I'm wondering if "lifting" the fuel and "pushing" it with the original in-tank style pump isn't the best way to move the fuel without air. Won't the "in-line" type of pump lose prime and draw air initially?

Are there any concerns with the in-line version other than the discussion about flow rate which seems to be sufficient if I get the one from OD Iron.

I know, I know! But I think the horse likes it! :wink:

FormerNewMVGuy

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

I also have been haveing problems with TJ Murry pumps! Found out that they are 12 volt pumps with a resistor in the fuse holder! He sent me Two!!!! both the same, lasted about 20 minutes! Then tells me he hasnt had any problems with the pumps! Then i figure out that they are'nt 24 volt pumps, send him quite a lenghty e-mail about selling us junk parts!!!!!!
Next day I recieve an e-mail from john saying that he will send me a original military 24 volt take out!
So we shaLL See what come's of this ,this coming week,
I aslo ordered an in line from OD Iron,just to have on hand,Because I'm tired of fighting with these garbage pumps that I've been recieving,I fthe take out pump from Murry give's me prblems,then i will have the inline in place very quickly!
I deal with TJ Murry because they are close to me and the shipping time is one day or same day, most of the stuff has been great, but these pumps are absolutly no good, foriegn product that are'nt the right voltage pump, If you step the fuse up past mdl 3amp ,then it blows the resistor out!!!! This happened to both of the pumps that i was sent!! I keep complaining and he sent me a seacond pump, but did not want to deal with it after that! but with some persistance and facts, then i was offered the 24 volt take out pump,
I'm sorry that i didnt post this sooner, and save you the problems of buying a bad pump!!

Gatnom

I took a chance on a used take out from an E-bay seller. It ran for about two weeks or so. A lot of take outs are probably removed for a reason. I won't take a chance on another. I picked up a NIB pump for cheap ($30) but have not have a chance to get it in yet. I tried the inlines. the ones I found worked well for easier starting after long idle periods, but seemed to starve the engine for fuel under high demand. Dave

jasonjc

Ive been drive my M35A2 for years now with a nonworking intank pump. I took one out of a parts truck and have seen no difernce in how the truck runs. 2cents

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I did some non-scientific testing with my 530C (M45A2 fire truck). This truck, even with the water tanks empty, very much outweighs a M35A2. At full throttle cruising, I can reach up and flip off the main power switch, and the truck perceptively slows.

DD

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: Intank fuel pump

oifvet said:
jwaller said:
What were some of the problems you were experiencing with the pump itself?

Did TNJ Murray give you any grief? Did they acknowledge there being a problem with their pumps? Did you end up with one of their pumps in the end? (...and I don't mean that in the figurative sense).

I like the in-line pump that is available, but I'm wondering if "lifting" the fuel and "pushing" it with the original in-tank style pump isn't the best way to move the fuel without air. Won't the "in-line" type of pump lose prime and draw air initially?

Are there any concerns with the in-line version other than the discussion about flow rate which seems to be sufficient if I get the one from OD Iron.

I know, I know! But I think the horse likes it! :wink:
the pump would just quit running alltogether. I purchased mine from memphis. every time so far they just sent me another.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks